Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother-to-be (Aunt "Car-ee") and Me!

Our Sweet Mother, Nana

Thought I would share an entry from my journal. I wrote this last Mother's Day, (2008) - (around the last time I wrote in my journal)!

Mother's Day Thoughts
Having Noah has opened my mind up to so many things I did not see before.

It takes having a child to realize what it means to be the child of someone else. That concept, that essence, that immense responsibility and love, never go away. Never, no matter how old you become.

This knowledge gives new meaning to my relationship with my mother - to my mother's relationship with my grandmother - to Connor's relationship with his mother. I think back to college-campus days. Those are all somebody's babies running around. Same is true for those knitting in nursing homes...

This new understanding is the 'circle of life' in action. It shows the brevity of life. It gives new perspective to our humanity. Having Noah has opened my eyes to so many things I did not (could not) see before.

No comments: