Monday, June 04, 2007

Homesick

Glimpes of Home
Frederick Buecher: The kingdom of god is where our best dreams come from and our truest prayers. We glimpse it at those moments when we find ourselves being better than we are and wiser than we knew. We catch sight of it when, at some moment of crisis, a strength seems to come to us that is greater than our own strength. The kingdom of God is where we belong. It is home, and whether we realize it or not, I think we are, all of us, homesick for it.
My Grandmother is always there for me, throughout my entire life, giving her unending love, care and support. She is an extremely empathetic person and a role model in my life. She has a passion for prose. She shared the poem, above, with me recently, after Lydia's unexpected death...

I was able to visit Lyida's grandfather, 'Papaw', last weekend, and check on him. He is a very strong man of God--I am so glad I was able to visit with him; when I came away, I felt as though I had been encouraged and cared for, instead of the other way around. It is clear where Lydia got that from :)

Her life ended suddenly due to the rare disease of bacterial meningitis. Please keep her family and loved ones in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: