Friday, August 15, 2008

Laughter, The Perfect Medicine (2nd only to Hermitage Bay)

Two more photos, from my sister's camera - below :)

I have amazing gratitude for my many recent experiences. Our time in Antigua, Hermitage Bay, was rare, first of all, in that it was the most perfect utopia known to mankind (not that I know a lot about utopias, but believe me, this would fit the bill). To me, it was also rare in a very notable way, in that from moment one, I felt on vacation. There was no time spent de-stressing, unwinding, or worrying about all that was left behind. This remarkable place cast an immediate effect on a person's soul. One of solitude, peace, harmony, beauty, laughter, bliss. I am so grateful that were were able to take this trip. It was easy for me also knowing that Noah was happy as a bug in a rug (in our house, I know first hand how happy this can be) hangin' out with Grammie and Grampie. I knew that while we were on vacation, he was too!

My work tradeshow in Boston (last week) was exciting and extremely purposeful. I feel our marketing contributions really having a big impact on the bottom line of our small, yet hearty, highly devoted start-up company. It brought out the charming businesswoman within and challenged me. I love that! I also fell in love all over again with Boston and my hubby, the city we called home during our dating days.

Things are busy, as they always are. But, beyond my hour or so of panicked feelings that typically hit me as the plane hits the pavement after a trip away, I am SO happy, so fulfilled, and so grateful. I stand in awe of life. I love living. We laugh a lot over here! Connor came to bed last night after a late-night of working on the boat, covered in fiber glass from shoulders to finger tips. He could not get it off. Laughing he goes, "Ya know, I think I've done this to myself before," (gloves and a long sleeved shirt anyone)? It's not that we are short on mistakes and challenges - but that we are big on perspective, laughter, and LIVING. God is GOOD. All the time!



No comments: