Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sister Sessions




My sister just left from a weeklong visit. This was her first time in California - and the first time I had seen her in over six months. We had a wonderful reunion! And, I miss her so much already. Given that we are extremely close, and have lived right up the road from one another most of our lives, the distance between is tough to take. We nevertheless talk frequently and remain as close as ever. She is my life line!

During our time together in Cali, we explored most local parts of the state - within a 4 hour radius - with Carly and her boyfriend Matt. Day One found us exploring high points on the Sierra Azul mountain range - we took in beautiful overlooks of the Bay Area. We toured downtown Santana Row that night. Sunday found us in Napa Valley, and by Sunday evening, we were back down to the city - touring around classic San Fran. It was wonderful! Carly and Matt took an overnight trip to Lake Tahoe during the week. By week's end, we headed down to Big Sur, Connor & my fave local spot. The views and wildlife are surreal. It is quiet and magestic - just spectacular! We explored the Redwoods, drove down to our secret beach and dined at some of our fave local hang outs with tremendous views! It was a total blast!

I miss her already, but I am looking forward to our next reunion...it may be Thanksgiving...but that will be here soon. I am so thankful to have such a dear friend in my sister.









No comments: