Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy

















I am, so very. Words do not get it. The 'pride and joy' of a parent is taking meaning in my life. I feel eternally grateful for this blessing. God has given me the ultimate gift.

Watching an Infant...
It's amazing. It quickly brings to recollection all the emotions a person has felt (and continues to feel), but has supressed over their grown-up years for 'adult appropriateness'.

Oh, the full-body smile! Where you are SO happy that your whole body reflects it! We're talking squeals, hands waving, legs kicking, smiles ear to ear, eyes fully lit up ...
What about the quirky gawking glare of curiosity...
Or, the full bottom lip turnout of unhappiness (I thought that was only in cartoons!)
Or, the full tantrum of unhappiness...
So much I relive...and learn from watching Noah :)

What a Hambone! 10 Week Mugshots

Noah's character is really starting to emerge! He is one very happy guy with quite the sense of humor. He definitely has his moments (couldn't be that he takes after his mom), but overall he is a peaceful, affectionate guy. Morning time is one of his faves - he loves to watch mom brush her teeth. The way he reacts, I must look like a crazy fool! He loves to cuddle and blow bubbles... He is very loved! :-)

As for mom...
I return to the working world on Monday, April 2nd. I am both excited and nervous...so, it is a wonderful thing! Exhilarating! I think it will be like jumping into an icy pond...the fear, then the cold blast of water...then the excitement and exhilaration ...and satisfaction that you did it! It's really living! I am excited to return and give my company my best. I have dedicated childcare lined up and a solid workweek planned out. Here we go!!

Family Visit :)

We have our family arriving from Manitoba, Canada on Wed., March 21st! 1st grandson and two first-time uncles (ages 10 and 14)! Life is gooood :)








No comments: