Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Our Canadian Holiday

We just returned from what was an unforgettable trip to Beausejour, Manitoba. All of our families came together. My parents made the long haul from NC and Connor's family took good care of us in the Manitoba praries and towns - Winnipeg, Gimli, Piniwa, Selkirk, and, of course, Beausejour!

The ladies threw me a surprise baby shower our first full day there - I was floored! Completely surprised! They threw a spectacular event - filled with tons of healthy food concoctions (key for me these days!), fancy drinks, mountains of beautiful gifts - and a room filled with family and friends. It brought me to tears, I could not believe they had done so much for me! It was a fantastic time, and little man Bates totally RACKED UP!

We spent most days on one adventure or another - day trip to Piniwa Lake (and small boating accident - victims include propeller and some other random boat part, ugh), shopping day in Gimli, sports day, explosion day - good fun for guys and girls alike. It was an absolute blast! I will not forget this trip.

Life is better when shared! It was incredibly special to share this unique (rounded) chapter of life with my mom and dad, and Connor's family. I swear love them like I love my own family, and that's a WHOLE LOT!

Check out all the Bates - Akulis Good Times Here

The Bates Boys! Piniwa Lake Picnic Day - Cole gets buried alive!



On the bird

No comments: