Sunday, March 15, 2009

That Was Somebody Else's Baby that Kept Us Up ALL NIGHT?

Hack, hack, hack, cough, cackle. Repeat! Definitely croupy. Starting just as we were falling asleep, and lasting, alllll night looooong on the monitor.

My worried mind. Not only is he throwing up with diarrhea all day and night - now he has croup? The loud coughs never turned into wheezing (or crying), so we knew from experience that there is nothing we could do for the barky cough... I just tossed and turned, worried ALL NIGHT.

Then, around 6:00 am, we heard the coughs turn into calls for mommy. Next, we heard...a man's voice...in Noah's room! I have never seen my husband move SO FAST!

How did he get inside?

Just as Connor got to the outside of Noah's door - he realized, Noah's room was silent. Then, he started laughing...walked over to our baby monitor. It was picking up somebody else's baby!!!!! Noah had been sleeping peacefully all night (not that we would have heard him crying over the coughs).

We laughed so hard we woke Noah up I think - he then came in bed with us. I was just SO relieved that he only had the stomach bug! Poor little Noah snuggled up with me, wrapping his small arms around my neck. It was one of those moments that you wish you could have forever. Seconds later, though...

Blaaaaahhhh.

Last night and this morning he has been still throwing up lots.

This weekend, we were planning to throw ourselves a HALFTIME PARTY. We are now at 20 weeks and halfway through the pregnancy! That will need to wait...

No comments: