Monday, July 07, 2008

Are We There Yet?

A truth that rings clearer for me with each passing day is that life is constantly moving. The natural way, as humans, we seem to manage in all this movement is to remain in a constant state of learning. Those with self awareness and a pinch of humility have the opportunity to grow - not just gray hairs and wrinkles, but the ability to be happy, healthy, and to love and be loved. We are never really There. This is a journey that never ends.

Speaking of movement...We are just back from Canada and have been on the go! I will post soon about our trip to Charleston and Kiawah Beach (May 08), NC (June 08) and Beausejour and Clear Lake, Manitoba Canada (July 08), but in the meantime, I thought I would put up a little quote I liked from a book I am reading (thank you for the recommendation Betty: Kids Are Worth It!):

Who of us is mature enough for offspring before the offspring themselves arrive? The value of marriage is not that adults produce children, but that children produce adults.
-Peter De Vries


No comments: