Saturday, September 29, 2007

All New Things

First and foremost, before I dive headfirst into how beautiful, bizarre, and full our life is right now, let me give you a link to recent (ish) pics of the little man. Grammie Akulis and Auntie Carly took these earlier this month (Noah is ~8.5 months):
Click here: our Mr. Happy!



Tasty!

A common Noah expression :D

Can you keep a straight face when you look at this last pic! Lol! Guess we knew he'd inherit The Goof!

NEW BLOGS
Also, do you like the new Blog look? It was time for a makeover, and Blogspot made it easy with their fabulous, easy-to-use upgrades. Again, don't forget to check out Carly's word in the swamp at MattnCarly's Blogspot!

NEW PERSPECTIVE

After our Wallenpaupak adventure, we packed our bags for Asheville, NC to celebrate our 3-year anniversary. Pictures of the amazing 3 DOZEN roses my husband brought home for me will be posted soon! Noah stayed with Grammie while Connor and I enjoyed our first trip together away from Noah. Admittedly, it was nice...once we remembered how to relax...and sit still...and just be. The following week I had a work trip planned on very short notice, so I flew out to Colorado Springs. After just being away from Noah for 4 days, I found this very difficult. In fact, on this last business trip, I had what I would consider to be a mild breakdown in front of my boss and a few working peers. I felt, all at once, all the pressure I've been placing on myself to be perfect at work, as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, and I just can't. There aren't enough hours (or energy). So, I had a turning point ...a perspective check, and it was needed. I have renewed my mind. Now, I am back to letting things go, just doing my best and being happy at all costs. Which I really am. I am focusing on all my MANY blessings - mostly, my son, friends, family and the many miracles God has worked in my life.

Drumroll....NEW HOME!!
A lengthy post with few pictures - very unlike me! Well, pictures soon...as we have HUGE news and things to show: WE JUST BOUGHT OUR FIRST HOUSE!! Yes we did. Yikes! But, I will post pictures and more on the new home next week.

A Quote Worth Repeating:

"The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others."
~ Sonya Friedman

No comments: