Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's Been Awhile

And, there's just been lots going on! I have been on the go! I recently returned from our company's annual meetings in Las Vegas (May 15 - 21), which, as always, was an absolute blast. This trip piggybacked a Chicago visit (May 12-14) where Connor and I reunioned with close friends from his grad school. It was great! Everyone's having babies! It's nuts! Just before that, we were in Great Barrington (sometime in April), Massachusetts for another reunion with close friends - old roomates and college buddies - close friends that joined us in our wedding party. It was SO great to see them all! April / early May found me spending a considerable amount of time up in San Francisco. One of my best girlfriends, Allie, just moved out West, right upstairs in San Fran! So, we celebrated her Cinco De Mayo bday up in the city. What a hoot! The week before that we had an ad:tech tradeshow up in SF! I have not been home much, but thoroughly enjoying my time with close friends and cool coworkers!

Brief bummer news is that while in Vegas, we had a computer incident. There was a considerable orange juice spill on my new Dell laptop. Oops! She's toast - not to go for a breakfast pun! That's made it a bit sticky keeping on track. Ahhh, such is life.

On a personal front, I have been battling some pretty intense health-related issues. Included in this chapter is a cervical biopsy and an attempted diagonosis of a rare endocrine disease. The Lord is so good and with much diehard praying and steadfast faith, surprise endings are in the midst. My biopsy came back only partially bad - with mild dysplasia - nothing I can't stomp out! And the endocrine disease diagnosis turns out to be a mis-diagnosis! It has been absolutely insane, and all I can say is that I am so grateful for my life and family and for the faithfulness of the Lord above! I will have more health updates once I get out of these next round of doc appts - I am certain with postive news!

This past weekend we took a roadtrip down to Carmel Valley and Carmel by the Sea. We had a wondeful, relaxing time with good friends. There is just SO much to be grateful for!

No comments: